Summary Think Tank EUROPA contributes to the field of European studies through academic publications with leading international publishers and participation in European-wide research projects and conferences.
Our long-term ambition is to develop this activity through research grants and participation in Danish and international research networks.
Think Tank EUROPA runs a network of leading Danish EU-researchers. The network meets regularly at the think tank to discuss trends and new research ideas. Think tank EUROPA has also established an economist panel that works independently from the think tank.
Read more about our research profile and on-going projects here, and find links to selected publications.
Head of Research, Catharina Sørensen, holds a PhD in political science from the University of Copenhagen (2007). Her research focus is on euroscepticism and dynamics in public opinion towards the European integration process. She was among the first researchers to provide a multifacted conceptualisation of euroscepticism and specialises in the study of scepticism types, -patterns and -developments. Between 2009 and 2014, Sorensen worked as a civil servant in Copenhagen and Brussels. Contact information.
Senior Researcher, Maja Kluger Dionigi, holds a PhD in political science frem London School of Economics. Contact information.
Selected academic work and publications:
- Sørensen, Catharina: What the Danish experience tells us about the British referendum. History & Policy, 2016 (link)
- Sørensen, Catharina: Krise, hvilken krise? Futuriblerne, vol. 41, no. 1-2, 2013
- Sørensen, Catharina: Love me, love me not... A typology of public euroscepticism. Sussex European Institute/EPERN working paper, 2008 (link)
- Sørensen, Catharina: Danish and British euroscepticism compared. DIIS, 2004 (link)
- Dionigi, Maja Kluger: The politics of lobbying in the European Parliament. I: Doris Dialer and Margarethe Richter (eds.) Lobbying in the European Union: Successful Strategies and Techniques, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: Lobbying in the European Parliament – The Battle for influence in the European Parliament. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, in print, 2016 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: Heavy fog in the Channel. Continent cut off? British diplomatic relations in Brussels after 2010, Journal of Common Market Studies, 1-16, 2015 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: The Battle for Influence: The Politics of Business Lobbying in the European Parliament, Journal of Common Market Studies, 53 (2), 365-382, 2015 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: Europa-Parlamentet - NGO’ernes højborg?, Økonomi og Politik, maj 2014, no. 2, 30-44, 2014 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: Is the European Parliament still a policy entrepreneur for environmental interests?, Interest Groups & Advocacy, 1 (2), 239-259, 2014 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: The empowerment of parliaments in EU integration: victims or victors? I: Jack Hayward and Rudi Wurzel (eds.) European Disunion: The Multidimensional Power Struggles, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 99-114, 2012 (link)
- Rasmussen, Maja Kluger: Another side of the story – a qualitative case study of how MEPs vote, Politics, 28 (1), 11-18, 2008 (link)